Study Guide Update Summer 2016:
45-hr Second time License Renewal Continuing Education Offering
A FREE Continuing Education course is offered to all the California Community Colleges to offer alive Continuing Education Program through your Community/Contract Education departments. See the press release to the left in the Yellow band for details. Email the Center and request yours today. Everything you need to teach the course is included. You set the price, the dates, and the location.
We have updated five of our most popular instructor and student study guides. Here are the newest and recently revised guides. Instructions for downloading Adobe pdf version of these Instructor guides are below. Thanks for your patience!
- Real Estate Principles
- Real Estate Property Management
- Real Estate Finance
- Real Estate Mortgage Loan Brokering and Lending
- Legal Aspects of Real Estate
In addition, we have a brand new guide: REAL ESTATE CALCULATIONS USING HANDHELD CALCULATORS. It is a brief 40-page booklet useful in Real Estate Finance; Mortgage Loan Brokering and Lending; Principles; Practice or any real estate topic. All three popular hand-held calculators are explained: HP 121c, TI BA II+, and Real Estate Qualifier. Detailed keystroke solutions provided to typical real estate mathematics problems.
PowerPoint Presentations to accompany the Instructor Guides are also in development. Look for them here as they become available.
- (Preferred) fax a copy of your purchase order to 1-650-517-0219,
- Phone your purchase order number to 1-650-595-4117 or
- Mail your purchase order to: MegaSolutions Corp., 1404 Old County Road, Belmont, CA 94002.
The available Guide subjects and their most recent and expected future revision dates are as follows:
- California Legal Aspects of Real Estate Instructor Guide
- California Legal Aspects of Real Estate Instructor Guide Presentation
- Real Estate Economics Instructor Guide
- Real Estate Economics Instructor Guide Presentation
- Common Interest Development Instructor Guide
- Finance Instructor Guide
- Mortgage Loan Lending Instructor Guide NEWLY REVISED AND IMPROVED
- Mortgage Loan Brokering and Loan Origination PowerPoint Slides – 2016 NEW
- Property Management Instructor Guide
- Property Management Instructor Guide Presentation
- Real Estate Finance Instructor Guide
- Real Estate Finance Instructor Guide Presentation
- Real Estate Calculations Instructor Guide
- Real Estate Principles Guide
- Real Estate Principles Guide Presentation
- Real Estate Appraisal Guide Presentation
- Real Estate Appraisal 2003 (19 mb)
- Legal Aspects of Real Estate Instructor Guide
- Legal Aspects of Real Estate – revision Spring 2011
- Real Estate Practice Instructor Guide
- Real Estate Practice 2010 NEWLY REVISED AND IMPROVED AVAILABLE NOW
- Real Estate Practice 2010 Presentation
- Introduction to Affordable Housing Management 2002 AVAILABLE NOW
Instructors who become aware of needed changes in the guides (e.g., typos or substantive changes) are requested to so notify the Center.An Instructor Guide entitled,Financial Sense to White Picket Fence: Budgeting, Borrowing, Buying, and Beyond is now available to all California community colleges. This Instructor Guide portfolio contains everything you need to offer this class and at NO CHARGE! Plan now to offer this curriculum this summer and fall in both your academic and community education programs.
The class is based on the popular workshop presented in 2010 by Chris Sorensen, Director, Home ownership Education Learning Program (H.E.L.P.). Consider partnering with your local Board of Realtors ® and offer this to prospective home buyers, renters, refinance and reverse mortgagees in your community. Included in the portfolio is a quick start guide, complete instructor manual, video DVD presentations, Spanish language voice over, CDs containing student materials, PowerPoint presentations, attendance records, certificates of participation, student learning objectives (SLOs), and more. A companion book of the same title will soon be available. Check back soon for details on how to order this title. Only the Instructor Guide is available through the Center at this time. For more information about the Financial Literacy Initiative contact Dionne Fault, Deputy Managing Commissioner at: Dionne_Faulk@dre.ca.gov or explore the website: California Financial Literacy